Christmas Eve craziness

Just like many of you I expect this week has been one full of various preparations for the big day. Oh, how we all end up scurrying about in the days running up to Christmas… Well, that’s me pretty much done. I am now on the train home (YAYYYY) and will be arriving at my destination in approximately five hours.




I’m slightly concerned about my bag though, which is at the bottom of the bag stacking pile (as I was one of the first stops) and I really hope nothing too heavy gets slammed on top of all of my lovely wrapped presents! (Here’s hoping they’re okay!)


Anyone who knows me personally, will know that I am very much a "light traveller" so they 
will understand that the fact that the necessity for me to travel with a large holdall/suitcase is 
definitely going to be simply to accommodate presents. See, I really have bought quite a lot..


I can’t believe how many presents I have done for everyone this year… It is the first year that I have ever ‘started early’ (by this I started mid- November- I know some of you crazy fools will have started even earlier) and I have decided that the process of ‘starting early’ is actually catastrophic in the financial respect… wonderful for your friends and family though….

Basically I discovered that I ended up buying so much more for all of my recipients as I kept seeing little bits and pieces that would be a good 'stocking filler'; or thinking of a new ‘really great idea for a big present’ …

You know how the general ‘chit chat’ you get from every sales assistant is

“So is that you finished your shopping for Christmas now?”

Well, I have decided that until Christmas day, I will never fully be ‘finished’ because I will just continue to buy new bits and pieces until I no longer can! It’s so bad! But I really do love giving presents!



So, anyway, once I arrive back home (about midday Christmas Eve) my delightful Daddy will be coming to meet me; and as is tradition… I will be going Christmas shopping with him.

Christmas Eve is the day that my dad starts and finishes his Christmas shopping.

Crazy, I know! And, like I said, it is traditional. Every Christmas as far back as I can remember, I go Christmas shopping with my Dad. Just the two of us. And I love it. It’s one of my favourite parts of Christmas. Especially now that I live away from home… It’s very rare to spend solid time just with my Dad, so it will be lovely.



Anyway, I would like to wish all of my lovely readers a very, very, Merry Christmas!

Jessie, 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you left me a little message...